AKAM’s commitment on confidential information
All written and oral information and materials disclosed or provided by the Diploma/Award applicant to the Association for Key Account Management (AKAM) is confidential information regardless of when or how it was provided. 'Confidential information' means all data and information relating to the business and management of the Diploma applicant and his/her employer.
Confidential information will remain the exclusive property of the Diploma/Award applicant and will only be used by AKAM and its associates for the permitted purpose or other purpose agreed in writing. This obligation will last indefinitely.
Confidential Information does not include information that:
- is generally known in the industry of the Diploma/Award applicant
- is now or subsequently becomes generally available to the public through no wrongful act of AKAM
- AKAM rightfully had in its possession prior to receiving the confidential information from the Diploma/Award applicant
- is independently created by AKAM without direct or indirect use of the confidential information
- AKAM rightfully obtains from a third party who has the right to transfer or disclose it.
AKAM may disclose confidential information to employees, representatives, contractors etc that have a reasonable need to know for the permitted purpose and are also aware of and commit to keeping the information confidential: or to a third party where the Diploma/Award applicant has consented in writing.