Welcome to The Association for Key Account Management (AKAM)
- a growing community of corporations practising KAM, Key Account Managers, KAM experts, academics and consultants.
Key Account Management is distinctly different from sales and requires its own space and professional organisation. While selling certainly contributes to the discipline, KAM involves a far wider range of knowledge and activity, and this difference demands recognition.
The Association for Key Account Management (AKAM) aims to increase informed appreciation and recognition of KAM, while raising standards of performance, through:
- Professionalising KAM by establishing recognised qualifications for Key Account Managers, and certifying aligned development programmes.
- Improving understanding and practice in companies by communicating and exchanging known information about KAM.
- Sponsoring KAM research in under-explored areas.
AKAM is forging links across the world between practitioners, academics and consultants, to the benefit of all.
Currently hosted by Technological University Dublin in Ireland, AKAM is an independent body representing the KAM industry in Europe and worldwide.
INSIDE THE MEMBER RESOURCE CENTRE
- KAM papers and articles
- Tools and diagnostics
- Expert videos
- Free member meeting registration
- Workshop presentations
- KAM case studies
- Member networks
- Special offers for members
What are we doing? Click here for a list of AKAM events or for more details / sign-up for the next event.
How to demonstrate your competency as a professional key account manager.
KAM of the Year
Entries are now open! It could be you! Show the world how good you are – you deserve recognition!
AKAM people exchange
Find the right job or the right candidate for your position, companies and recruiters.
Kam programme certification
For companies, trainers and universities / colleges.
Join the AKAM community as an individual, group or corporate, company or college
Who we are, what we want to do and why.
Member Resource Centre Login
Your gateway to the AKAM Member Network and Resource Centre.