Welcome to the Association for Key Account Management (AKAM)
- a growing community of corporations practising KAM, key account managers, KAM experts, academics and consultants in KAM.
Key account management is distinctly different from Sales and requires its own space and professional organisation. While selling certainly contributes to the discipline, KAM involves a far wider range of knowledge and activity, and this difference demands recognition.
AKAM aims to increase informed appreciation and recognition of KAM, while raising standards of performance to earn it through:
- Professionalising KAM by establishing recognised qualifications for key account managers and certifying aligned development programmes.
- Improving understanding and practice in companies by communicating and exchanging known information about KAM.
- Sponsoring KAM research in under-explored areas
AKAM is forging links across the world between practitioners, academics and consultants, to the benefit of all. Currently hosted by Dublin Institute of Technology in Ireland, AKAM is an independent body representing the KAM industry in Europe and worldwide.
INSIDE THE MEMBER RESOURCE CENTRE
- KAM papers and articles
- Tools and diagnostics
- Expert videos
- Free member meeting registration
- Workshop presentations
- KAM case studies
- Member networks
- Special offers for members
What are we doing? Click here for a list of AKAM events or for more details / sign-up for the next event.
How to demonstrate your competency as a professional key account manager.
AKAM people exchange
Find the right job or the right candidate for your position, companies and recruiters.
Kam programme certification
For companies, trainers and universities / colleges.
Checkout the advantages and resources the AKAM community offers to members, individual and corporate.
Who we are, what we want to do and why.
Join the AKAM community as an individual. Companies or colleges can partner with AKAM as corporate members.
Member Resource Centre Login
Your gateway to the AKAM Member Network and Resource Centre.